NA Advanced CO2 Reactor
The major advantage of this aquarium CO2 reactor, other than almost 100% dissolution of CO2, is that they require almost no maintenance at all while nothing remains visible in the tank.
Before placing an order, please make sure to choose the tallest size NilocG CO2 reactor that you can fit under the tank. The taller/longer the reactor, the more efficient it is in dissolving the CO2. Also, make sure you confirm the inside diameter of the output tubing on your filter.
The actual length of the reactor will be +/- 0.5″. If you have a very tight fit, please let us know before you place your order.
Note: For higher flow filters which use 1″ tubing such as the fluval fx5/fx6 filters, the 24″ long reactor is highly recommended. This version, in addition to the 22 is also recommended for anyone using the fx4, as a longer reactor can handle a higher flow.
Color of the aquarium CO2 reactor: The standard color for the CO2 reactor for the aquarium is black. It can be painted in another color upon request, for an additional cost. If you would like a different color, make sure to check that option above, and include your preferred color in the comments section before completing your order. Please choose standard colors only. We cannot guarantee the exact match of the color will be achieved.
- Mount the aquarium CO2 reactor vertically (long side up)
- The water should enter the top and exit the bottom
- Start with the valve closed (parallel to the ground)
- When all the hoses are connected (filter and CO2) run the reactor for 24 hours before making any changes
- If after 24 hours you are getting CO2 bubbles out of the return pipe, open the valve slightly, then wait for another 24 hours
- Repeat the previous step until you are no longer getting CO2 bubbles pushed out of the reactor
*Shipping for Rex Grigg CO2 reactors is via FedEx or USPS ground shipping.
*The Rex Grigg CO2 reactor will be shipped a week later as it is a custom build piece.